We are excited to welcome our community back into The Colonial Theatre for movies and our Kid’s! @ The Colonial events!
Our new HVAC system installation is in progress. While we wait for the HVAC system to get up and running, we will reopen for in-theatre movies and children’s programming at 25% capacity.
For full details on our reopening strategy, please visit our Reopening FAQ page.
Here is a quick overview of some of the health and safety policies we have implemented:
- Auditorium seating is reduced to 25% capacity to enable ample social distancing. Every other row is blocked-off and we request that guests keep four empty seats (or six feet) between parties to further support social distancing.
- PPE: staff, volunteers and patrons are required to wear masks or face shields while moving around the Theatre. If you don’t have a mask or face shield, we will provide one for you. When seated in the auditorium, masks and face shields may be removed to enjoy food and drink.
- Plexiglass shields are mounted in the concession area where staff, volunteers, and guests interact.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the theater.
For more information on our reopening strategy, click here.
What steps is The Colonial taking to protect our community?
- Social Distancing Standards: Every other row of seating is blocked-off in the auditorium and we request that guests keep four empty seats (or six feet) between parties to further support social distancing.
- Reduced Auditorium Capacities: we have reduced our capacity by 75% to ensure ample room in the Theatre.
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures: Common areas and high touch points are disinfected between each event.
- HVAC installation: we are in the process of installing a heating, cooling, and ventilation system at the Theatre! We are excited to have begun this critical infrastructure improvement, which includes an iWave commercial air purification system and will also provide heating and cooling in the auditorium.
- Frequent Handwashing/Sanitation: staff and volunteers are required to wash their hands routinely for at least 20 seconds, as well as sanitize their hands when in contact with others.
- Required PPE: staff, volunteers and patrons are required to wear masks or face shields while moving around the Theatre.
- Plexiglass shields are installed in the concession area where staff, volunteers, and guests interact.
Should I wear a mask?
Yes – it is required to enter the building. To protect yourself and others we will require that all guests wear masks or face shields as they enter and and move around the Theatre. If you don’t have a mask or face shield, we will provide one for you. When seated in the auditorium, masks and face shields may be removed to enjoy food and drinks.
What else can I do to help?
Here are some steps you can take:
- Consistent Handwashing: Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
- Frequent Hand Sanitizing: Take advantage of the hand sanitizer stations that are positioned throughout the theatre.
- Practice social distancing wherever possible.
- If you are feeling sick, have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, loss of smell or taste, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, gastrointestinal issues), or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19, please stay home!
- Even if you feel healthy and safe, please be considerate of your fellow patrons by following these protocols and be respectful of your neighbor.
Please review the following questions prior to entering The Colonial:
- Have you been in close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have had COVID-19 in the last 10 days? (NOTE: Healthcare workers caring for COVID-19 patients while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment should answer “no” to this question.)
- Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 24 hours?
- Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms, new muscle aches, chills, or changes to taste and/or smell?
- In the past 10 days, have you traveled internationally and/or on a cruise ship?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please do not put our employees and other customers at risk and come back another day when you feel better.
Are there any changes to how tickets should be purchased?
We encourage ticket purchases on our website to help reduce interactions at the theatre. Tickets are also available for purchase at our box office immediately before showtime.
Can I expect additional changes?
The Colonial is closely monitoring federal, state and local guidelines and our policies and procedures will continue to evolve accordingly.