Position Announcement: Digital Media & Marketing Specialist
The Colonial Theatre
Digital Media & Marketing Specialist
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Part-time, hourly with growth potential
Flexible, Average 10-20 hours/week depending on time of year
Hybrid work. Ability to attend Colonial Theatre events (May-Oct) preferred.
Reports to: Executive Director
About The Colonial Theatre
The Colonial Theatre is the home of arts, film, music, and culture in New Hampshire’s North Country. Located in the heart of The White Mountains in Bethlehem, the historic Colonial Theatre is one of the oldest continuously operated movie theaters in the country. When The Colonial opened its doors in 1915, the era of the Grand Hotels was in full swing and Bethlehem was a premier destination resort. Because of its sophisticated clientele, The Colonial quickly became a venue for studios to test market their films. With its rich history, The Colonial remains one of the enduring links to the era of the Grand Hotels as well as a significant chapter in the history of the film industry.
Now, after a series of renovations and improvements, the 300-seat Colonial offers state-of-the-art digital projection and surround sound for independent and world cinema, hosts Grammy award-winning performing artists, family entertainment, and community events from May through October—all without losing the intimate charm of a vintage theater.
The Colonial Theatre is on the New Hampshire Registry of Historic Places and was named “Best Vintage Movie Theatre” by Yankee Magazine.
A vibrant, engaged, and enriched community through arts and culture
Inspire and invite participation in the cultural conversation
• relevant arts and cultural programming make a positive difference in creating a sense of belonging, fellowship, and community that enriches all;
• access to different perspectives gives us deeper understanding of the world in which we live and helps us see more clearly what unites us as well as what makes us each unique;
• responsible stewardship and partnerships enable us to leave a lasting legacy of cultural enrichment.
Our Strategic goals
• Grow community engagement.
• Achieve a balanced revenue portfolio designed to ensure long-term financial stability.
• Preserve the integrity and historical nature of the building and ensure the safety and comfort of the patrons and artists.
The Digital Media & Marketing Specialist will oversee and design The Colonial Theatre’s social media presence, and in accordance with our brand standards and visual identity, implement content strategies on social media platforms, analyze engagement data, identify trends in audience interactions and plan marketing campaigns (traditional media and social media). Additionally, the Digital Media & Marketing Specialist will support the development of a cohesive marketing strategy for The Colonial, develop materials for programs and live shows, advancement programs, collateral materials, and present innovative ideas to achieve our mission/goals and ensure brand consistency.
- Analyze, plan, and execute social media strategy, including scheduling and managing daily posts, identifying strategic opportunities, recommending improvements, and communicating with followers on Facebook and Instagram (with an interest in creating a TikTok presence)
- Plan, manage, and execute timely webpage updates for event pages, advancement campaigns, and institutional storytelling (blogs, press releases, etc.), including communicating with web developers and hosting service as needed, and incorporating new site tools and improvements as they are released
- Strategize, develop, manage, and optimize performance of marketing campaigns across various channels, including search engines, social media, local media, email, print advertising, etc.
- Create engaging and persuasive copy for social media, web landing pages, and email campaigns
- Collaborate with graphic designer to produce visually appealing assets for digital marketing efforts, in keeping with brand visual identity
- Collaborate on public relations initiatives, including drafting and distributing press releases on behalf of The Colonial Theatre
- Coordinate distribution of event posters and other advertisements
- Track key performance indicators (audience composition, click throughs to ticketing or donations, program strengths/weaknesses, ticket sales, attendance, etc.)
- Create reports on growth and analytics of marketing campaigns
- Research trends in marketing and the arts, and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
- Coordinate photography and videography for events and institutional storytelling (strong preference for someone who can attend events in-person)
- Facilitate weekly marketing strategy meetings during programming season or project-based marketing meetings as needed
- Excellent copywriting skills, time management, creativity, and ability to work independently
- Strong social media marketing and management skills (familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok platforms, analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, etc. a big plus)
- Strong webpage management and analytics skills (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with content and advertising management systems (e.g. Facebook Ad Manager, Meta Business Suite)
- Familiarity with market research elements and tools
- Familiarity with graphic design practices (experience with Adobe Suite and/or Canva a plus)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Suite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Meta for Business, and database management systems (e.g. ticketing, POS, CRM) are all a plus
- Openness, sense of humor, and passion for The Colonial’s mission are all appreciated
- Reliable transportation
About Our Community
Bethlehem, New Hampshire is a small village in the Northern White Mountains. In the late 1800’s trains brought city dwellers suffering from hay fever and summer heat to Bethlehem. Visitors enjoyed an entire season in the “highest town in New Hampshire”. Today Bethlehem is a diverse cultural community of activity where residents and visitors enjoy arts, theatre, local shops, festivals, unique eateries, a local brewery (one of four in the area), and beautiful inns.
There are plenty of outdoor activities year round including skiing, hiking, and cycling in the Bethlehem area, which is one of only three newly-certified Bike Friendly Communities nationwide.
Nearby communities include Littleton, Franconia, Lancaster, and Sugar Hill.
$20-30/hr. commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Media & Marketing Specialist Position.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through March 1, 2024. Not all candidates will be invited to interview. Those who are invited will be asked to provide 3 professional references and a writing/work sample.
No phone calls please.
All communications are confidential.
The Colonial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is invested in creating an equitable and inclusive working environment and organizational culture.