Health & Safety
The Colonial Theatre is committed to creating a safe and healthy environment in our Theatre as we reunite at full auditorium capacity for the 2022 season. These policies are subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic situation evolves.
The Colonial has installed a brand-new HVAC system that includes a commercial air purifier. Please see below for additional information regarding how the system works.
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATE (3/21/2022)
Taking into account the continued downward trend of COVID-19 infection rates in our region and recent CDC recommendations, The Colonial Theatre will no longer require proof of vaccination for patrons attending performances & events, with the following exceptions:
- Certain tours or artists may require that patrons show proof of vaccination or negative test results. We will post updates on individual event pages, on Facebook, and in pre-show emails, as applicable.
- Should the State of New Hampshire, local municipality or health authority issue mandates, guidance, or changes to recommendations in response to an increase or decrease in COVID-19 infection rates, The Colonial Theatre reserves the right to reinstate vaccination requirements in compliance with such mandates, guidance and/or recommendations.
- If you feel sick or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you prioritize your health and the health of others by staying home.
The Colonial Theatre will no longer require patrons to wear a face mask for entry to the theatre and for attendance at events and activities with the following exceptions:
- The Colonial is a mask friendly venue. Patrons are welcome to wear masks at any time.
- Certain tours or artists may require masks to be worn before, during, and after their performances. We will post updates on individual event pages, on Facebook, and in pre-show emails, as applicable.
- Should the State of New Hampshire, local municipality or health authority issue mandates, guidance, or changes to recommendations in response to an increase or decrease in COVID infection rates, The Colonial Theatre reserves the right to reinstate masking requirements in compliance with such mandates, guidance and/or recommendations.
The Colonial’s New HVAC System
The Colonial has installed a brand-new HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) system in our auditorium; the air filtration system will run throughout all events.
What does the HVAC system do?
The Colonial’s new HVAC was installed to provide better ventilation, filtration, and air purification, as well as heating and cooling in the auditorium. The system includes an air purifier called the iWave-C system, which is a commercial-grade ionizing system that works in tandem with the HVAC system’s filters. Ionization attracts and combines particulates so that they are captured more easily by air filters.
We are grateful for the support of our community in funding this critical infrastructure project and are excited to have it completed in time to open the 2022 season at full capacity.
All events at The Colonial Theatre will be presented in accordance with applicable public health recommendations and requirements along with the artist’s requirements as of the date of the event. Mask requirements, capacity, attendance prerequisites, procedures, and other protective measures may change at any time.
We are thankful for your cooperation in keeping our staff, volunteers, artists, and community members safe and healthy.
COVID-19 Warning & Audience Member Acknowledgement
All audience members understand that there is an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and that there is no guarantee, express or implied, that those attending an event will not be exposed to COVID-19. All potential attendees should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend an event; by attending an event an attendee is knowingly accepting the risk of potential exposure to COVID-19.
All audience members agree to follow all of The Colonial’s policies, including health and safety policies, and posted instructions while visiting.