Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications.
Assistant Director for Advancement & Marketing (35 hrs. per week year round)
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and in partnership with the Advancement Committee, and the Marketing Committee, the Assistant Director (AD) will set and achieve annual and long-term goals, including a strategy to develop contributed income in line with the goals of the The Colonial Theatre’s Strategic Plan. S/he will cultivate and maintain strong professional and personal relationships with the funding and donor communities, plan fundraising events, research and write grant applications, and seek new fundraising sources wherever possible. In partnership with the ED, the AD will help guide strategy for all marketing/communications, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate The Colonial’s mission. As this is a new position, the AD will have the opportunity to build this position and her/his organizational role.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Advancement Committee to develop and execute The Friends of The Colonial’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Fully utilize and manage Little Green Light, The Colonial’s donor database, including data entry, gift processing, gift acknowledgements
- Plan and maintain membership drives and manage membership system
- Support ED in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
- Develop and oversee special donor/member events
- Oversee organization of special fundraising events
- Develop and manage corporate event sponsorships
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate giving
- Expand our social media presence to enhance marketing and membership
- Develop and manage volunteer cohort and with the House Manager coordinate volunteer participation and training
- With the Marketing Committee and The Colonial’s contracted Media Manager, help develop, implement, and evaluate the The Colonial’s Marketing Plan
- Lead and manage the generation of all media content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Put marketing/communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of marketing/communications activities
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manage all media contacts
We are seeking an accomplished individual who has at least 5 years of advancement experience in a nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate will have expertise in grant writing and management, donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, donor database systems, fundraising event management, major gift solicitation and social media. Specific requirements include:
- Highly collaborative style
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, audience members, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Database management skills
Please respond with Resume and references to: Colonialsearch@gmail.com
All communications are confidential.
The Colonial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is invested in creating an equitable and inclusive working environment and organizational culture.