The Colonial Theatre House & Office Manager Job Description
POSITION: House and Office Manager
TYPE: Full Time, Exempt. Weekends and evenings required, flexible schedule
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
General: The House and Office Manager will coordinate and manage front-of-house logistics for The Colonial Theatre’s events, rentals, and other public events. Will assist the Executive Director and Director of Programming with administrative matters on an as needed basis. Responsible for helping to create and maintain a safe and welcoming environment, maintaining concessions and lobby inventory, as well as providing excellent customer service to all patrons in a timely manner. Will serve as staff member on the Building and Grounds Committee and oversee winter care of the theatre.
What this position requires:
- Motivated, achievement-orientated professional with a consultative approach and the ability to positively connect with audience members and volunteer staff, including any emergency and time sensitive matters that might arise.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexibility and ability to gracefully address shifting priorities.
- Knowledge and experience to recognize opportunities to improve the operations of the theatre.
- Manage front of house operations for film screenings, performances, and other events at The Colonial Theatre, working closely with the Director of Programming.
- Attendance at all live and special film events, working with live event production and film staff and volunteers.
- Act as liaison for audience, theater members and patrons on all house management issues and concerns.
- Communicate with event and/or performance staff regarding any changes, start times, ADA needs, and other relevant information to front of house operations.Oversee and monitor facility and production equipment such as the digital projector, HVAC system, fire alarm, HI Listening, and VI Audio Narration Devices accessibility systems, electric lift.
- Oversee operational maintenance, repairs, and renovations of theatre, equipment and property.
- Maintain The Colonial’s good standing regarding matters such as accessibility requirements, liquor license, food service license, and permit of assembly.
- Ensure that marketing displays and recordings are up to date at the venue, contribute content to The Colonial’s Social Media accounts.
- Provide Executive Director, on an as needed basis, with project support and office administration assistance, which may include tasks such as mailings, data entry, and special projects.
This position requires a minimum of 1+ year(s) experience in theatre, special event planning, and/or hospitality management with a demonstrated strength in customer service. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are necessary for this position. Applicants should have proficiency in working with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and relevant social media skills. Familiarity with ADA rules and policies pertaining to the front-of-house are preferred. Candidates should possess the ability to attend to numerous details at one time, establish priorities, respond positively and effectively under stressful situations, and propose timely solutions to problems. Willingness to lift and carry heavy objects (e.g. facility equipment, concession supplies etc.) and climb ladders.
Compensation: $38,000 annually
Benefits: The Colonial offers a benefits package including a health insurance stipend, vacation, and 3% retirement match.
How to Apply: Please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2023. The subject line of the email should include your full name and “House and Office Manager Position”.
The Colonial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive working environment and organizational culture.